1. To qualify for any of our annual SBR Solo II Championships, you must run at least three (3) events during the season. Your five (5) best finishes will be used when calculating points for each championship. Entry is automatic for eligible contestants and is based on the information you provide on your entry blank at each event.
Tire Rack Index Challenge
2. The Tire Rack Index Challenge is based on all SBR solo points events and is open to all competitors. Every competitor’s score will be computed using their best event time multiplied by their car class PAX/RTP Index Factor. All competitors are competing against each other; there are no car classes except to determine your PAX/RTP Index Factor. After the PAX/RTP Index has been applied to your best time, your points will be calculated based on the formula shown in item #10 below.
3. The Novice Championship is open only to drivers in their first full season of competition. Scoring will be identical to the Tire Rack Index Challenge, using the PAX/RTP index. You need not be an SBR member to win, but you must run at least 3 events.
SBR Solo II Class Championship
4. In order to qualify for the South Bend Region Solo II Class Championship, you must be a member of South Bend Region, SCCA at the end of the competition year. Dual memberships are available for only $15.00/yr for those who are already members of another SCCA region. Car classes include all National SCCA classes plus whatever local classes may be established.
5. The SBR Championship Series is based on your finish in your car class at each points event. Your points are calculated based on how close you cometo the winning time in your class using the formula shown in item #10. The class winner always receives 100 points. Points go down from there, and all competitors will receive a minimum of 10 points
per event. While drivers may compete in several classes during the year, only one class will be counted for year-end awards.
6. Ladies classes parallel the open SBR car classes. Lady drivers will be scored in the ladies class unless they choose to enter the open class at each event.
Street Tire Challenge
7. The Street Tire Challenge offers a separate championship for all SBR members not running race tires. It also uses the PAX/RTP Index to equalize the cars running in this group. An exclusion list for race tires will be available at the event.
8. We hope to reduce or eliminate bumping for event trophies this year. However, if you are bumped to a faster class, you will still receive annual points based on your actual car class for all championships. Example: CP gets bumped to BP and finishes in 2nd place. The CP driver receives 100 points for winning CP in the SBR Class Championship. For all indexed championships, your PAX/RTP Index will always be based on your actual car class, not the class you were bumped into for the day.
9. The number of year end trophies will be based on current SCCA Solo II Rules for the number of qualified competitors in each class for the SBR Solo II Series, and the total qualified drivers in all classes competing in each of the other championships.
10. Points in each class are calculated as follows: POINTS = 100 - (900 x ((Entrant’s Time - Class Winning Time) / Class Winning Time))
11. All annual championship trophies will be awarded at the SBR Annual Banquet in January after the season.
12. Event trophies will be awarded to class and Novice Index winners at the conclusion of each points event.