1. To qualify for any of our annual SBR Solo Championships, you must run at least three (3) SBR events during the season. Your five (5) best finishes will be used when calculating points for each championship. Entry is automatic for eligible contestants and is based on the information you provide on your entry blank at each event.
Tire Rack Index Challenge
2. The Tire Rack Index Challenge is offered at all points SBR solo events and is open to all competitors. Every competitor’s score will be computed using their best event time multiplied by their car class PAX (RTP) Index Factor, shown below. All competitors are competing against each other; your car class at each event is used to determine your PAX Index Factor. After the PAX Index has been applied to your best time, your points for each event will be calculated based on the formula shown in item #10. Only the first 3 runs of each event will count toward the Index Challenge. The best 5 Index event scores for each driver will be used to determine the annual championship.
3. The Novice Championship is open to all drivers, but only in their first full season of competition. Scoring will be identical to the Tire Rack Index Challenge, using the PAX index except that all runs at each event can be used. You need not be an SBR member to win, but you must run at least 3 SBR events.
SBR Solo Class Championship
4. In order to qualify for any South Bend Region Solo Class Championship, you must be a member of South Bend Region, SCCA by the final event of the year. Dual memberships are available for only $15.00/yr for those who are already members of another SCCA region. Car classes include all National SCCA classes plus whatever local classes may be established. You must run at least 3 SBR events (in any one class) for year-end trophy eligibility.
5. The SBR Class Championships are based on your finish in your car class at each points event. Your points are based on how close you come to the winning time in your class using the formula shown in item #10. The class winner always receives 100 points. Points go down from there, and all competitors will receive a minimum of 20 points per event. If you compete in more than one class during the year, you are eligible for an annual trophy only in the class you entered most often. If your class entries are equal you choose the class.
6. Ladies car classes parallel the open SBR car classes. Lady drivers will be scored in the ladies class unless they choose to enter the open class at each event. However, lady SBR members are eligible for the annual Thomas trophy (using their PAX Index rating) even if they choose the open class at an event.
7. The SBR annual competition trophies (Red Bud and Thomas trophies) are for members with all SBR points events counted, using the Tire Rack Index formula.
8. Event trophies will be awarded to the top Car Class and Novice Index drivers at the conclusion of each points event using the SCCA standard for trophy distribution.
9. Points in each class are calculated as follows: POINTS = 100 – (400 x ((Entrant’s Time – Class Winning Time) / Class Winning Time))
10. The number of annual trophies will be based on the number of qualified competitors in each class for the SBR Solo Series, and the total qualified drivers in all classes competing in each of the other championships, by applying the current national SCCA Solo trophy rules.
11. All annual Tire Rack, Novice, and SBR Regional Class Championship trophies will be awarded at the SBR Annual Banquet in January after the season.